See below for a recipe for a pizza base made of cauliflower that still looks like a pizza and tastes just like a pizza. AMAZING!
Ingredients for crust: (Makes about 3 pizza bases)
1 Medium Sized Cauliflower
1 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
2 Whisked Eggs
Garlic seasoning, salt and pepper and a bit of Italian herbs. (Season to your liking)
· Preheat oven to 180C and ‘Spray and Cook’ a baking sheet / pizza pan
· Put the cauliflower through the grating attachment on a food processor. Resulting in small pieces like grated cheese. (Roughly makes 6cups)
· Pour ‘riced’ cauliflower into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients
· Mix together with your hands, making 3 balls. Dough may be ‘wetter’ than normal, don’t be alarmed.
· Press dough into a circular shape on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 15min. You can flip the base after this time and bake for a further 15min to get a crispier base.
· Take it out and add your pizza toppings (Tomato base, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers etc.)
· Put back in oven to bake ingredients onto pizza
See below for a clip from Lila's appearance on the Dr Mol Show on 31st May 2013
This is a delicious, healthy soup, which will only set you back 1/2 fat and 1/3 milk per serving!
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Lila Bruk is a registered dietician, nutritional consultant and freelance health journalist.
Click to set custom HTML