Adapted from allrecipes.com
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons lite margarine
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium sized stock pot, and saute onion and celery until tender. Add broccoli and stock, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree with a stick blender until almost smooth with some chunky bits.
- In small saucepan, over medium-heat melt 3 tablespoons lite margarine, stir in flour and add milk. Stir until thick and bubbly, and add to soup. Season with salt and pepper and serve.