Individualised Dietary Guidance
Congratulations! You've made the decision to take charge of your health!
By having an Individual nutrition consultation, you will receive a thorough assessment of your medical history and current dietary intake, as well as your body composition (i.e. weight, body fat %, muscle mass, etc). An individualised eating plan will then be developed tailored to your specific needs.
PLEASE NOTE: Consultations can be done IN-PERSON, ONLINE or TELEPHONICALLY depending on your preference.
First consultation (60 minutes)
The first consultation involves:
- Discussing your goals, your health, activity levels, and lifestyle and eating habits.
- Assessing medical history, current medications and vitamins
- Discussing family history of different conditions
- (Weight loss or gain clients) Assessing weight history, previous diets or eating plans
- (Weight loss or gain clients) Assessing weight and body composition (i.e. body fat %, muscle mass, body water %, etc).
- Discussing relevant blood tests that may be required. If blood tests are required, the dietitian will give you a blood test form with the appropriate tests marked.
- If you are interested in DNA Testing, the test would be purchased and the test (cheek swab) would be conducted in this session .
First follow-up consultation (30 minutes)
- The first follow up takes place within 1 week of the initial consult
- You are provided with an individualized eating plan tailored to your lifestyle, health, weight, nutrition and health goals
- Vitamin and other supplementation advice will be given
- If you have done the DNA Testing, we would go through your results in this session and your eating plan would be based on these results. The consultation for going through the DNA results is generally approximately 45 minutes and there would be a small additional charge above the regular follow up charge.
Second and subsequent follow-up consultations (30 minutes)
Regular follow ups are extremely beneficial to assist you with staying on track. Follow ups are usually scheduled every 1 to 2 weeks and are the ideal opportunity to:
- Review your progress, provide ongoing support and monitoring
- Incorporate programme changes as needed
- Receive further guidance & motivation
- Clarify any questions or concerns that may have arisen.
- Review your goals and monitor your progress
- Establish new goals and achievements
- Discuss new ideas, questions or concerns, and to add/build new concepts, while providing continued support and motivation.
- Adjust the meal plan and review portion sizes.
- Eating out strategies and recommended food choices at restaurants and fast food restaurants.
- Strategies for staying motivated and overcoming challenges.
- Addressing of emotional eating.
- Theory regarding how different foods impact your medical health (for example how different foods impact your blood sugar, blood pressure, bone health, cancer risk, digestive health, cholesterol levels etc.)
- Sports nutrition advice (where applicable) on what to eat/drink before, during, & after exercise, as well as sport supplementation advice
- Vitamins, minerals, herbs, and dietary supplements - advice and recommendations.
- Meal planning strategies, grocery lists, quick food preparation tricks, and ideas for breakfast, lunch, suppers and snacks.
- Learn to read food labels and choose foods complement your goals.
- Recipe makeover - Adapting and adjusting your favorite recipes into healthy alternatives that suit your new eating plan.
Click here for more information on Individualised Dietary Guidance.