I have an ice cream machine, which I love to use to make low fat ice creams, but even if you don't have one you can still make your own. This frozen yoghurt is my latest that I've made and it is really lovely, light and refreshing!
Makes approx 2 litres ice cream
1 cup serving = 1 milk + 1/2 fruit + 1/2 starch
500g watermelon, chopped
1 cup fat-free vanilla yoghurt
375 ml fat-free milk
4 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
- Scald the milk until almost boiling point.
- Beat sugar, egg yolks and flour until light and creamy.
- Add the milk to the egg mixture then return it to the saucepan and bring to boil, stirring continuously to form a custard.
- When thick remove from the heat, add vanilla and set aside to cool to room temperature
- Blend the watermelon using a food processor or stick blender and then push through a sieve to remove seeds
- Mix the watermelon puree and the yoghurt into the mixture
- If you have an ice cream machine put it into the machine and churn as per manufacturer’s instructions.